Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Fruit Pizza Cookies

On Sunday, Jared and his family had a cookout. The weather was great and the food was even better! Though I was told by Jared not to bring anything over, I love cooking and sharing my food too much not too. I wanted to make a light, refreshing summer dessert and I remembereda this from summers past. However, inside of making a giant pizza, I decided to make them into individual servings.




For the "crust," I cheated and used a sugar cookie break-n-bake package.

The frosting consisted of 4oz cream cheese (light of course!) softened and mixed with 1/4cup confectioners sugar as well as juice of 1/2 a lemon. The was spread over the cookies once they cooled.

I then arranged a mixture of fruit (fresh and frozen/thawed) on top.

The final addition was an orange glaze brushed over top. This consisted of 1/4 cup orange juice mixed with 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tsp. corn brought to a boil over high heat until thickened.

Once cooled (about 30min) brush the glaze over top and refrigerate.

Let soften a little before serving (but not too much or they will get soggy!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment