Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sloppy Joes...They Really Live Up to Their Name!

Plenty of napkins required for this meal!

So as I stated before, I'm trying to use up all the endless odds and ends my mom bought for our pantry. This week, I decided to make use of a can of "Manwhich" I found in there.

Meals from a can are easy--just add meat, bun, and eat! I decided to put Joe on a diet and make a skinny Sloppy Joe; all the flavor, all the mess, less fat and calories.





Instead of using ground beef, I substituted in ground turkey (I used 1/2lb since it was just me and my dad...who happens to be a Joe himself, but not as sloppy. In fact, he actually ate the Sloppy Joe with a fork and knife! Where's the fun in that?!) Additionally, I added in about 1/4 - 1/3 a cup of the frozen onion and pepper trio straight from the freezer. Once thawed out, I roughly chopped the veggies into fine pieces. Then comes the finishing touch, the sauce! Since I was cooking for 2, I just used 1/2 the can and let simmer.

Serve on a bun, napkins close by, and be messy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment