Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chicken & Veggie Kebabs

It doesn't get much easier than this: cut kebab ingredients, thread on skewer, grill, eat.

You can use almost anything on a kebab (though, bread grills
A LOT quicker than everything else and ended up burning and being thrown away in my case)




Here's what I used (mind you, I'm cooking for 2 picky eaters so I kept it pretty basic):

-Chicken
-Green bell pepper
-Onion
-Pineapple

I served this over brown rice, sprinkled on a few sundried tomatoes, and drizzled it with soy sauce.

For dessert, I decided to try my hand at grilling strawberries. So before I embarked on my mission, I browsed the internet for some ideas, tips, and tricks. Armed with my knowledge, I washed, hulled, and skewered 4 strawberries, drizzled them with some balsamic vinegar, sprinkled them with sugar, and placed them on the grill turning every minute or so.

I served this over a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sprinkled it with slivered almonds and shredded coconut.




It wasn't anything to brag over, honestly just tasted like strawberries and ice cream, but I tried....

0 comments:

Post a Comment