Monday, June 7, 2010

Rootbeer Steak

Bear with me on this one people, it sounds a little (ok a lot) strange once you read the list of ingredients, but it was DELICIOUS! It yield a flavor combination of sweet, but with a tangy, spicy kick. Even Alisa (the picky one) liked it.

Any steak will do. I went with a top round because it tends to be a leaner cut of beef; however, I think it was too lean for this recipe. I need me a steak with some more fat and juice on it next time!





For the rub, no measurements were used. I just sprinkled enough of each to coat the steaks on both sides and then got down and dirty and rubbed it in.

Rub

-Coco powder

-Cinnamon

-Cayenne

-Garlic powder

-Salt & Pepper


Once the steaks were massaged, i placed them each on a square of tin foil and made "boat" out of them. In this, I poured an adequate amount of Rootbeer to cover the steaks, then sealed tightly shut. I left this to marinate for about 24 hrs.

The steaks were grilled over high heat, 5 min per side, for a perfect medium.

These were served alongside garlic & parsley mashed potatoes. (I just jazzed up a box of mashed potato flakes by adding minced garlic and chopped fresh parsley) as well as a side salad and roll.

Since I had a whole bottle of rootbeer, I decided to make a rootbeer float for dessert! I stopped by the grocery store on my way home from "work" and picked up a pint of vanilla ice cream. A scoop of ice cream topped off with rootbeer--so refreshing and different for a change!

0 comments:

Post a Comment