Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Seared Salmon Sandwiches

....Hey(!) That's an alliteration (My English teachers would be proud).

On that note, I apologize for the lack of blog posts this past week
. I know my millions of followers (ha!) have been disappointed. I have been at the beach for the past week: Hilton Head. We have gone there the majority of summers of my life since I was 6 months--a Freeman family traditions. We have always gone out to eat while there (it was the one week of the year when my mom didn't have to cook--it was her vacation as well). I, of course, would not have minded in the least cooking a meal of two, but, tradition is tradition and so we went out to eat...every night. Now that's not to say the food was not utterly delicious and I may or may not have gained a few pounds.

But I'm back and ready to cook up a storm! Still need to exchange my propane tank, so until that gets done, grilling will be put on the back burner (no pun intended) for now. I decided to mirror my meal last night after one of the hidden, off-the-beaten-path Athens restaurants I stumbled across in my last days there: The White Tiger: a little, run-down white shack with delicious homemade, organic foods and chocolates! One of the things Jared and I split there for lunch was this delicious salmon sandwich so that was my inspiration for dinner.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Alisa and I have a sort of babysitting business we're running this summer, so I'm working 2-6pm every night. Since I wasn't sure how long it'd take me to get home (47 min, thank you Atlanta traffic), I did all my prep work earlier in the day, including cooking the salmon.



Salmon

-3 (4-6oz) salmon fillets
-Juice of 1/2 a lemon
-Salt & pepper


Pre-heat a skillet over medium heat and spray. Sear salmon on both sides 2-4min per side. Then I just placed in a tupperware in the fridge and reheated in the microwave when I got home.

To construct the sandwich, I spread (lite) veggie cream cheese on both halves of a multi-grain roll. Topped with lettuce (iceberg...it was on sale!), cucumber slices, onions, the salmon, and capers.

This was served alongside fresh veggies and pretzels. So easy and so delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment