Monday, May 31, 2010

PB & What?!

Saturday night I was left to fend for myself. Jared was working, my dad was at the Braves game, and Alisa...well, who knows.

Do you ever get a craving every now and again for a classic--a flashback to your childhood--a good 'ole peanut butter sandwich? Well, this was the exact state I was in Saturday night, but I didn't want any ordinary PB&J sandwich, I wanted to spice it up and get creative with a basic. In comes:

Grilled Peanut Butter, Apricot, Banana & Coconut Sandwich
(now that's a mouthful)



-2 slices of wheat bread
-Peanut butter (all natural for me!) spread on one slice
-Apricot preserves spread on the other slice
-1/2 a banana, sliced thick
-Sprinkling of shredded unsweetened coconut
-Handful of mini-chocolate chips


Once assembled, I toasted my creation in the toaster oven until lightly browned on both sides and served alongside carrot sticks, apple slices, raisins, and pretzels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment